Hidden Hollow 2012
Let's face it... Not everybody can attend the full Hidden Hollow weekend. This is something we've come to understand and that's why our Star Party is different than anyone else's. For the first time ever, we're now offering one day passes!
Yep. Economic times are tough. People have to work. Not everyone wants to spend the night. But just because you might fall into one of these categories doesn't mean you should have to be shut out from the fun of attending the Saturday activities! There are simply a few rules you must abide by when it comes to a "Saturday Pass"....
1. Your Saturday Pass entitles you to attend all lectures, vendors, activities and tours - but you are not permitted to use campground facilities. More than 75% of our full weekend fees are used to pay for the campground, so we simply cannot offer free camping for a day pass.
2. Your Saturday Pass will enable you to buy raffle tickets, join in the Silent Auction and take part in the Solar Filter Workshop (with a donation for the filter materials).
3. You are welcome to bring your own telescope and observe with others, but you must clear the observing field by midnight.
4. If you do not bring a telescope wish to stay beyond the lectures and activities and enjoy the view through the 31" Observatory scope and share the view through our various guest's telescope, you are welcome. But you must leave by midnight and you must park below the observing field so your car headlights do not disturb others when you leave.
5. Be a good neighbor and observe the rules of "No White Light" during the evening hours.
6. Promise to have a good time!
Saturday Pass Rates
- Single Person - $15
- Couple - $20
- Family (4-5) - $30
- Group (5 or more - per person rate) - $10
- Non-Profit Group (10+ attending - per person rate) - $5
This is a great opportunity to bring your church group, school group or scout group for a full day's worth of entertainment! We know it's difficult for non-profit organizations to afford to take a large membership on a field trip, because we're a non-profit organization, too. Won't you help to support our efforts towards public astronomy education by attending Hidden Hollow?
As always, we very much appreciate your advance registration. This helps us to plan meeting areas, food service, etc. You can make your advance registrations by filling out a "Saturday Pass Registration Form" and mailing it to:
Hidden Hollow Star Party
Bob Kocar, RAS Treasurer
Berea, OH 44017
We look forward to seeing you at Hidden Hollow!
Won't you join us under the stars??